Karen from MomAgain40 gave me this award – thanks hun! The rules are simple: share seven things about yourself, and pass this on to 15 other bloggers.
So here they are:
– I love nectarines, chai tea and sour gum sweets
– I am contemplating getting a tattoo (gasp!)
– I never enjoyed Lost or Desperate Housewives
– I have about 40 Essie nail polishes
– I will ALWAYS feel 12kg overweight
– I cannot wait to go to Paris or New York again
– I have never read any of the Harry Potter books
I nominate the following to pass this forward:
Sharon, Melinda, Nicki, Taryne, Vanessa, Anita, Tania, Tiffany, Celeste, Bronwynne, Hayley, Sam, Bronwyn, Rina and Gina. No pressure… (who am I kidding, the pressure is awn!)
When Vanessa of Nina Say Cheese invited us for a Christmas shoot, I didn’t think twice. I love quirkiness, and I love Vanessa’s pics, and I loved the idea of a Jewish kid in a Christmas shoot.
The result – an ethereal and magnificent pic that I think I might make into a Chrismukkah greeting.
Some thoughts from the last week:
– American Horror Story is my new fave TV series. It’s made by the same guy who created Glee, and it’s macabre, odd, scary, obscure and funny, and I’m unashamedly hooked.
– Taryne Jakobi makes amazing orange chocolate cake. I had more than one slice this week. I lost count, in fact.
– It’s so utterly hard to forgive someone who has hurt you.
– Glitter on my 30-something eyes is cool. I had a make-up lesson with Candice, who taught me some great hands-on tips. I also threw away dozens of products I’ve acquired over the years (mostly from R5 beauty sales at ex work).
– There are some flipping generous people out there, like the ones who sponsored me on my #FocusMyFunds run for the SPCA. As soon as all the charity is in, I’ll write a blog post about it all.
– Breaking Dawn was lame. And it was no fun without a shirtless Jacob.
Love you so much Max
Well done Natalie Lawrence! Please drop me an email and we can organise your prize
Would I buy this for you? Would I even add to a present wishlist for you? Probably not. Here’s why:
– It’s called Doggie Doo
– It is essentially a plastic toy dog that passes gas and then poops out a soft, colourful and non-toxic claylike substance
– How it works? Children take turns feeding clay pellets to a plastic dog. Then they roll a die to determine how many times they’ll squeeze the dog’s leash. The leash is really a pump, and each squeeze pushes the “food” through the dog’s digestive system. After many pumps and presumably, it comes out the other end and the child uses a plastic shovel to collect the poop. The first child to collect three pieces of poo wins.
– It’s supposed to teach kids how to look after dogs and pick up their poop (Max, if I wanted to do this, I’d give you Gina’s pooper scooper and take you around our garden picking up crapola).
And another sh*tty thing – it costs $29.99 overseas.
via John Kass, http://www.chicagotribune.com
So while I love my iPhone a lot and while loads of pics on this blog were taken on my iPhone, the good peeps at Kodak decided to give me a Kodak Z990 camera to take more cool pics (for when the awesome Vanessa or Celeste aren’t around).
I’ve been having fun, learning a bit, and while I’m not the next Annie Leibowitz or Herb Ritts, I’ve taken some great pics of you, and it really is a way of growing my library of pics of us, and life. But seriously Max, you aren’t at the age of keeping still and posing, I’m battling a bit to catch you on camera a lot of the time (it’s not the camera, really, it’s just that you are always on the move and groove).
Here’s some of what we’ve been up to ala Kodak… taken at Serendipity.