Isn’t it Ironic?
As much as I read quite a bit about parenting at work, go through mommy blogs, and often do research on the internet, but I’m realising that some things just don’t have any answers, and some things about babies and kids just defy logic/textbook. And that sometimes,
moms I am left feeling like a real dumbass.
For example, last night you went to sleep at 10pm. You usually go to sleep at around 7pm/8pm and then wake around 6am/7am. So one would have expected you to wake up this morning at around 9am/10am, right? Right? Wrong, Mom! You were up at 6am, ready to play, chat, throw my BlackBerry outside and pull the cats’ tails. So then
one I would assume that because of the deficit in sleep, you would want to sleep more today, and that you’d want an early night? Not so – in fact, you actually had more energy, little dude!
So this got me thinking about some of your other cute Maxisms that I never could have expected…
– You prefer the box to the toy in which it came in
– You still prefer the Grown-Up BlackBerry to your toy cellphone that has more lights and sounds
– Food often tastes better off my plate than yours
– The things you most like hiding are the TV and DStv remote controls
– You already know how to twist off the tops of lipsticks and nailpolishes (okay, I admit this probably has to do with something I’ve done)
– The wooden and plastic spoons still mostly trump every expensive toy
– You prefer house music and Cypress Hill to kiddie tunes
– If I handed you a biscuit or a piece of cucumber, you’d take the cucumber
– If I handed you a piece of chocolate or a piece of tomato, you’d take the tomato
Another reminder for a once-was control freak like me, that there’s nothing like a little person with his own personality to show me another way. And that’s not a bad thing.