Why my car and handbag will never be the same…
I’ve posted about it before – how my possessions have changed form and content since having you. For example my handbag, car, makeup bag, cupboard. It’s obvious why – my needs have changed, plus there’s a cute little pair of paws curious to touch, hold, break and leave prints (may I add here that while tossing out the contents of my side-table drawer the other night, you knocked my Kindle and it’s now broken).
I am not complaining – each broken MAC lipstick, three-week old Fling in my car and old wet wipe in my bag is testament to the fact that I am a mom, and that’s my proudest title at the top of my life CV. It’s a lesson that while I’m pretty neat, tidy and organised, I can’t control everything, and sometimes I gotta let go of the order. It’s also a reminder to not invest too much in stuff, for it’s just stuff at the end of the day, and that you are way more than all of it.
But for shits and giggles anyway, I’ve included a tally of my recent findings…
– A bottle of half-drunk milk under my car seat
– Torn covers of Vanity Fair and The New Yorker
– Half-eaten Jungle Oats bar in your carseat, from a week ago
– Three squashed gum sweets from the packet you cried for in the shops the other day
– Finger indents in my MAC powder blush
– Piece of half-eaten dried mango in my handbag
– Smeared-out tube of body cream on bathroom floor
– Chewed-up Hello Kitty pens (not that you chew them, but you give them to Rex to chew – you still have a tag team going with him)
– A Lego block in my Converse shoe. This hurt a little bit when I put my shoe on. Actually I got a fright more than anything.
– A change from English to German in two of the kiddie apps on my iPad.
– All the settings on my car changed from your regular playtime in there.
It’s a privilege to share my stuff with you… I’m just going to put the Apple stuff and work laptop out of your reach. Nothing personal, mkay?