An awesome birthday party
It’s been over a week since your party, and it went so brilliantly.
Here’s what went down…
– The venue, Serendipity, which really is like our home away from home. It was a beautiful day and everything was arranged gorgeously (plus all your “family” was there)
– Wonderful decor by the brilliant Marc at Concept Spark. From hanging jars to the chalkboard tables and cars, it was not only visually superb, but a winner with the kids.
– The food!!! From green-icing cupcakes, and cake pops to macaroons (the best I’ve tasted since Laduree in Paris) and mini quiches, Linda of Belle’s Patisserie made every kilojoule worthwhile and added a stylish and novel twist to usual party fare.
– The cake, also done by Linda, in two layers of chocolate heaven with delish fondant icing. It’s not often you find a cake that tastes as good as it looks, but this was divine.
– You were so happy, and surrounded by old little faces, and new. No meltdowns, no dramas – just pure kiddie joy.
– I was chilled and had a great time yakking to friends while from the dim corners of our eyes, we watched our little ones eating, climbing, drawing, looking for treasure and licking icing off cupcakes.
– Seriously, the only one I could think of here was that it had to come to an end… Lame, but true.
A massive thanks to Nicki for taking such stupendous pics, and allowing me to eat more macaroons and really do “nothing” on the day. What made Nicki more of a trouper is that she was on her feet snapping away while 36 weeks pregnant – thank you!!!
Max, it was a great day, and I look forward to celebrating more parties with you (and this has nothing to do with the cupcakes and butter icing). I know you will never remember the day, but it was important to celebrate this year, and surround you with the love you deserve.