Some thoughts from the last week:
– American Horror Story is my new fave TV series. It’s made by the same guy who created Glee, and it’s macabre, odd, scary, obscure and funny, and I’m unashamedly hooked.
– Taryne Jakobi makes amazing orange chocolate cake. I had more than one slice this week. I lost count, in fact.
– It’s so utterly hard to forgive someone who has hurt you.
– Glitter on my 30-something eyes is cool. I had a make-up lesson with Candice, who taught me some great hands-on tips. I also threw away dozens of products I’ve acquired over the years (mostly from R5 beauty sales at ex work).
– There are some flipping generous people out there, like the ones who sponsored me on my #FocusMyFunds run for the SPCA. As soon as all the charity is in, I’ll write a blog post about it all.
– Breaking Dawn was lame. And it was no fun without a shirtless Jacob.
Love you so much Max
So my take from this week:
– One can live without Woolies choc chip yoghurt. Not easy, but not impossible
– Grey’s Anatomy season eight is so much better than seven. The moral – sometimes when you give things another chance, it’s all worth it
– Haagen Dazs coconut and truffle flavour is pretty damn good – I was at the launch this week and it’s delish
– There are some awesome people out there with big hearts: thank you to those who have pledged for my #FocusMyFunds run
– It’s sometimes hard digging up the past
– There are worse things than lose a game of cards: I much prefer the company and laughs had during playing
Do you want to help me raise money for the SPCA, and boost me along on an awesome blogging initiative, run by Ford Focus?
Here’s all you need to know:
– Ford Focus is running a blogger face-off called #FocusMyFunds. Each blogger will go around in a Ford Focus for one day trying to raise money.
– Ford will match that money raised up to R10 000 and will donate it to the charity of the blogger’s choice (in my case, SPCA, because that’s where I just got my rescue dog, and where my heart is leaning towards a lot).
– My day in the Ford Focus is happening on Tuesday 22 November.
– To raise money, I’ve decided to run with the Ford. Yes – I’ll be running with my designated Ford Focus and driver, and am asking for sponsorship for each kilometre I run (I will be using a GPS to mark my kilometres run, and will live Tweet).
– So if you sponsor me for R10 a kilometre, and I run 20km, then you’ll be paying a total of R200.
– All you need to do is pledge, and then pay afterwards (EFT probably best).
– As in incentive to pledge, I am offering three prizes from my own pocket to random pledgers (ie it won’t be based on the amount you give, but rather every pledger will be entered into the random draw). Up for grabs:
R500 Woolworths voucher, R250 Woolworths voucher, and R150 Woolworths voucher (I’ve kept prizes quite broad so that it isn’t just open to Jhb peeps).
– You can pledge via Twitter (@TanyaKovarsky), on my Facebook profile, or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the hashtag #FocusMyFunds when you pledge. I promise to make mention of every donor (unless you don’t want a mention).
Please help a good cause. Please.